Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Our Oregon Vacation - August 7

So my original intent was to write a blog each day of our trip.... Obviously, that didn't work out! By the time we arrived at our destination at the end of the day, we were almost too tired to eat!
We are in Ely, Arizona. We got up the next morning, which happened to be my birthday! Doug asked me what I would like to do and I said I would like to go to the Hotel Nevada. I had read that it was founded during the prohibition period. You can read more on the hotel at: https://www.hotelnevada.com/
Not only did it have an interesting history, it had a very good breakfast! We gambled for a little while before we hit the road again and I won a little! Happy Birthday to me!

After we left the hotel, we found that there was a geocache in the nearby cemetery. I may have mentioned that geocachers seem to enjoy cemeteries.
I love the different things we get to see when we are on the road. The history, the mystery and the beauty is always there!
One of the rest stops was just outside of Schellbourne, which was a stop for the Pony Express.
This metal cutout is at this rest stop.

These old buildings surely have some very rich history. Now all that's left is the shells.

The beauty can be big or small. All you have to do is look around you.


We found a few caches along the way to our next destination. We arrived in Twin Falls, ID. We found a place to eat where Doug mentioned that it was my birthday, so....
Happy Birthday to me! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment